Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What Is This Blog?

Good question.

This blog is what happens when an English major in need of a creative outlet spends too much time thinking things like "What if Shakespeare had Facebook?" or "What if Mark Twain and Fyodor Dostoevsky collaborated on a retelling of 'The Three Little Pigs'?" or "Can you imagine if Miss Havisham had a relationship advice column?" That English Major, in case you hadn't guessed it, would be me- the girl who spends more time with fictional characters and dead authors than real people, and starts coming up with ideas like those just mentioned. Ideas which I was then always posting on Facebook, until one of my friends said "You should start a blog!" to which I replied "A blog, you say? Hmmmm. I am intrigued. TO THE BLOGMOBILE!"* And then I ended up here, in my own little corner of the Internet.

Join me, for adventures in literature!







*Not exact quote


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie,

    This is great! I love it! May you post every day for the rest of your life ;)

    Is there a way for another blogger (i.e. something *not* on Facebook) to follow? I don't see the button ...

    Thanks! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *bows* Thank you! So glad you enjoy! Anyway, I added the "subscribe" widget. Hopefully that should work.

      Delete